Sunday when we were on our way home from Chase's parents house we had a discussion about our definition of family. It came as no surprise that we both have very different definitions. Chase thinks of family as being his immediate family. I on the other hand think of family as being my immediate family as well as extended family... I include everyone. Chase thinks I'm strange for thinking that way but I think he's a little strange too! It doesn't help any that most of our definitions are way different from the others. Our differences keep us entertained for the most part and we enjoy them quite often. However, there are times that our differences cause confusion. We're both pretty sure that our different definitions of family have caused a problem or two in the recent past. One thing that we are sure of is that when we decide to have children, we will raise them with my definition of family. It is important to both of us that our future children have a strong sense of family... they will be born into a very large one!

And to think that this is just one half! Wish there could be a picture of everyone from the other half! But then of course I wouldn't be in that picture either!
ReplyDeleteOh Crissy! lol!!!
ReplyDeleteEric's family is tiny compared to my Fixico side....lol!!!