Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Gardener Needed

This giant mess of green is our flower bed last summer before we purchased the house.

All of the tall things have been cleared out and the weeds have been taken out. With all of the removing nearing an end we are left with a very large blank flowerbed. The dilemma is that neither of us know where to begin replanting, arranging, or anything else. I'm beginning to think we need this:

Gardening for Dummies has officially been added to my Amazon wish list ;-)

4 comments:

  1. This is funny! Jeremy's mom actually does my flower beds because they looked like your picture! She always has cute ideas her yard is very pretty! I will be happy to loan her to you if you want some ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plant periennals(sp?). Those plants come back every year. Does your flower bed get lots of shade? Or full sun? When you buy your plants, there will be info on telling you whether its a periennal, annual...etc. Also, it will tell you if the plant needs shade or sun. I usually buy a few colorful annuals to fill out some empty spaces between my periennals. Annuals always die around fall/winter. Have fun! Remember....don't forget to water. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips! We're planning on getting out this weekend to finish the clearing and hopefully get all of the rocks out. Yes, rocks... wonderful ground cover!

    I may need the help, Chase isn't very excited about this ;-)

    ReplyDelete