Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Our VERY Blessed Day

I had an interview on Tuesday morning in Stroud. I felt really good about the interview when I left. Actually, I told Chase I felt really good about it when I called to let him know I was on my way back to Ada. About 4:15 I got the phone call. That day it was just LaDawna and I in the office and as my phone is ringing I told her that I had to step out to take it. I went to the back and answered it where I was greeted by a friendly voice offering me a job with great benefits and a significant pay raise. Did I mention that this job is about five miles from our house? Well… it is! I joyfully accept her first offer because come on… it’s more than I am making at the newspaper, it’s closer to home, and honestly it seems to be a lot less work than I do now. (We’ll see about that last one) I get off of the phone, gather myself, and go back into our office. LaDawna looks at me and says “that better not be about an interview” I smiled at her and said “it wasn’t. I got job”. I honestly couldn’t believe it. I had been on five or six interviews before this one. I am so excited to finally have a job in Shawnee!  Well… before I went back into the office I attempted to call Chase to let him know the good news. Of course he wasn’t at his desk and he left his phone sitting on said desk. So… I sent him an email telling him that I got the job. He calls back excited for me and says “now if I could just hear back from Finley & Cook.” Chase had an interview last week with F&C , an accounting firm in Shawnee that is a whopping three miles from our house. They told him that they were going to take a few days to work up an offer and let him know something. Well… it’s Tuesday of the next week and Chase is a little restless. Anyway, Chase said we could go to Polo’s for dinner to celebrate my new job. I was excited to not have to cook! We have dinner and head home in separate cars. Chase has to stop for gas so I keep going and call my sister. We’re talking and suddenly Chase is on call waiting. I think “oh I’ll just call him back” and keep talking. He calls again but Crissy and I were hanging up so I answered. After I get scolded for not answering the phone Chase throws out a number… that makes no sense to me so I told him that sounds fine. He says “that’s what they offered me”. “WHAT?!?!” I responded. In a matter of weeks Chase will be bringing home by himself what we currently make together. It’s unreal to both of us that we are no longer going to be just getting by. We definitely had a very blessed day. There’s no other explanation for it other than God decided to change our lives. Just like that our lives are changing not a moment too soon or a moment too late... but in His time. We are so grateful for what we've been blessed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment