Monday, June 6, 2011
Saying Goodbye
Today was my last day at the newspaper. It's kind of a day with mixed emotions. I'm super excited to get two hours of my day back but at the same time I am going to miss the people I work with. Getting this job at the newspaper was a blessing in it's self. I had applied for a part time job because I still had twelve hours of my undergrad degree to finish up... I went for an interview and was offered a full time job. After being a full time student for nine months working full time meant big changes for Chase and I. Without a doubt I would have never gotten the job if it had not been for the classified manager. Chase and I are forever grateful that she said a few kind words on my behalf. All of the ladies I worked with on a daily basis are completely different but are all wonderful people. I can honestly say that I learned priceless lessons from these women. I learned about parenting, saving, spending, love, loss, happiness, and stress. The women of Ada News are a well of knowledge. I have been so blessed by having them present in my life for this short year and I will never forget the moments we have shared together. I also can't forget the gentlemen of Ada News... though there aren't many men at the office they sure are sweethearts! This goodbye is bittersweet... life is changing and tomorrow I start a new chapter of my life. Hopefully, my new job comes with half of the experience I left Ada News with. ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment