I won’t say that Chase and I have given a lot of thought to us having children, but recently we have given a lot of thought to the environment in which we would like to raise children. Just a couple of weeks ago if you were to asked me when I was getting a new car I would have told you that come hell or high water I’m getting a Challenger next summer… and not just any Challenger. I was dead set getting a one with a v8 engine, leather seats, and touch screen navigation because I don't need a mom car. Yeah… that’s what I would have said. Today if you ask me I have a different answer. Now I’m thinking something that we could payoff fairly easy. Something that we won't have to take out a giant loan for and that has a low monthly payment. That low payment would make my paycheck go directly to paying off Chase’s car so we only have one low car payment. I’m thinking we could have his paid off by next Christmas. Paying things off and having as few payments outside of utilities is my goal now. Why is this an adult decision for me? Well… it goes back to the beginning of this post and the environment we want to raise children in. When we do decide to have children I want to have the option of staying home with them and having two big car payments would make that next to impossible. Knowing this now instead of two weeks after we bring a baby home will hopefully, make it a reality. Yes, we can afford that beautiful Challenger but it sounds a little ridiculous when I say “buy a $35000 car or stay home with my babies”. See, doesn’t that sound ridiculous? So when our children are older and I am inevitably making their lives miserable and they think I don’t love them because I’m so mean… I’ll let them know that I love them so much that I was making sacrifices for them before they were even conceived! Those sacrifices include not buying a Challenger while I was in my early twenties!
No comments:
Post a Comment