Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Keep it Simple Stupid

During my time in the dreaded education department at ECU a genuine superstar educator who changed my life delivered a lesson that consisted of “keep it simple… stupid.” He was referring to teaching history to high school students but it applies to other aspects of life. Over the last two years life has changed dramatically for us. For me, the biggest thing that has been brought to my attention is to keep it simple and be grateful. The things and people that I once thought were a burden in my life, I see in a completely different light. Suddenly I remembered that God doesn’t put things in our lives without a purpose. Those things and people aren’t burdens; in fact they are blessings that were sent to me in disguise. I now have patience for these things and people that once made my blood boil in an instance. As a matter of fact I have found true value in some these things and people. There is always an opportunity to learn throughout life. I’ve been fortunate to learn to see the value in having things in my life that I don’t understand and to make changes in my life that allows me to learn. Keeping things simple seems to be fitting right now for me. God gives us all that we need… whether we know it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment