- If you want to be treated like a child again… have a child.
- When I say “breastfeeding” people will look at me like I’m crazy. We get even more bizarre looks and comments when we say “natural childbirth.”
- There is an overwhelming amount of information out there on… well… just about everything that has to do with labor and delivery.
- Deciding to take Bradley Method classes has turned out to be very beneficial. I strongly recommend the class to anyone who is expecting. Our instructor is absolutely amazing and we’ve learned so much about our options during L&D. Now, if we’re presented with a situation I feel like Chase and I can make a very educated decision.
- I had an “oh crap, I hope if I can do this” moment one evening in class that was immediately followed by “oh crap, I wonder if HE (Chase) thinks I can do this.” Since that evening I have learned that it doesn’t matter what I think or what Chase thinks… birth is going to happen and I AM going to do it one way or another. End of story.
- This baby has turned me into somewhat of a crybaby.
- Chase has become the regulator when we have the Jesse kids over. It’s good for him to take on the role I’ve had for years ;-)
- We’ve learned how to budget and pretty well I might add. It’s amazing how much money you can save when you actually know where your money is going.
- There is something scary to be said about every single item that one might purchase for a baby. If you refused to use any of the products that are scary you might end up with your baby sleeping on the floor with absolutely nothing around him or her.
- With item nine being said… I read entirely too much.
- Chase continues to amaze me everyday with how involved and intrigued he is about this pregnancy. I think it terrifies him at moments but he usually puts on his tough face for me.
- A woman’s body is absolutely mind blowing. The things our bodies are capable of doing is completely insane. It’s a struggle to let some of the changes occur to my body but it is amazing that there is a life growing within.
- New information easily takes over my mind. Be it vaccines, childbirth, parenting, diapering, or organizing… if it catches me at the right time I will spend every moment of free time reading about it.
- Deciding on childcare is extremely difficult. I know what makes the most sense but my heart pulls me in a different direction. Chase says take your full FMLA leave and then see how you feel. I’ll have twelve weeks to make up my mind.
- Finally… we are soooo very ready for this little boy to be here. He is already so incredibly love by so many people who can’t wait to meet him either. We’re just ready to hold him!
Thursday, December 29, 2011
Things I Have Learned in 30 Weeks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment