Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Rubicon












There are few syllables spoken in the English language that make my heart beat fast and cause the rest of me to become fighting mad at the same time. This is usually the time when I wish I had more Betty Jean in me so I could let it all out with no consideration of feelings or repercussions from my words. It is a good thing that I don't have it in me to tell people to go to the devil never speak to them again! Chase says that people don't like their problems or mistakes to be on display right in front of them; I say lets talk about it and bring whatever it is out to the light so we can fix it. Problems can't be fixed if they are simply pushed to the back, eventually you're going to run out of space.

I, at the young age of 21, have already passed the point of no return for somethings to ever be "normal". (I use that term lightly) We have crossed our Rubicon and things will never be as they should nor as I had once hoped they would be. I feel that life is too short and full of so much joy to even let a single thing take away from it. I am not educated in anything other than history but I do know with certainty that I fear a mighty God, I love my country, and I have true joy in my life.

In all of two short paragraphs you have a tiny piece of my heart and mind... please don't contort it to fit in some morbid scheme! In 1982 Freddie Mercury sang the lyric "why can't we give love". I challenge you to contort that into something useful and attempt to show a simple act of kindness to someone once each day. Give love.

PS
Click the picture to figure out what the heck Caesar is doing in this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment