A conversation from the other night while we were in bed watching television:
K: When we started dating, do you think anyone ever thought we would end up married?
C: (laughing) Probably not. (Motioning with his hands) You know I was way up here and you... well.. you were way down here.
K: Yes, because I was so popular in high school.
C: Well, Chance asked me once when you were leaving the store, if I ever asked myself what in the hell you saw in me. I told him I asked myself that every day.
K: (smiling) Well, I'm glad this is where we are... no matter what people thought.
C: Me too.
It's funny to think back on who we were when we started dating. (And to see the pictures for that matter!) I... was according to my BMI overweight, finishing up softball for the last time, young & set in my ways, and I had two friends that took up more of my time than Chase did. Chase... was a hardcore carryout, fresh out of high school, had almost shaggy hair that he didn't fix, and always wore shirts that were two sizes too big for him. (he laughed about that one and said the shirts fit... just not really well)
We were definitely an odd couple from the very beginning. He was into ag and didn't play any sport; I was on the dance team and played softball. It is amazing that we ever found the time of day for one another. We both recognize the things that happened and didn't happen for us to ever get to know each other. If I would have went on a date with Eric Huff instead of out with Scott Duck I would have never ended up where I did sitting next to Chase. If Hilary Kuestersteffen never would have told Chase that I was single, he would have never spoke to me. If Josh Wolf and Daisha Walker wouldn't have played matchmaker neither of us would have pursued. I'm sure the list of people involved in our success could go on and on. When Chase and I started dating in the spring of 2004, I never thought we would end up married. Boy was I wrong! Together we share so much laughter, so many differences, and so much ahead of us... many thanks to those who help us get here!



No comments:
Post a Comment