October is now upon us! I have nothing new for the month yet but I do have events from our last day of September. We went to see Journey and Night Ranger at the Zoo Amph. It was AWESOME! I promise these older bands rock way harder than most of the new bands I've seen... almost. This show was a little out of the norm. First of all we had Trey and Jarrod with us, typically it's Ronnie, Chase, and I. More people = more fun! Secondly, the crowd at this show was way different. The crowd was a little older, a little more drunk, and a lot high! I guess you could say it was a more an "experienced" crowd from what we are used to. It was a lot of fun and both bands were pretty amazing. The Asian guy who replaced Steve Perry can sing his heart out and it sounds beautiful! Night Ranger was... different. They had a little of the "hair band" thing going for them but they played a good set. We had a good night, definitely.
For Chase and I this show was another to add to our list. Hmm... so far we've seen:
Say Anything
Brazil
MeWithoutYou
Red Jumpsuit
Linkin Park
Chiodos
Coheed & Cambria
Envy on the Coast
Anberlin
Taking Back Sunday
and now
Night Ranger
Journey
We've got a pretty little list going. If you add John Mayer, Ben Harper, the Eagles (by far the best show ever), Smile Empty Soul, and Strata you have my whole list! We hope to add many more to the list... that means we won't be able to hear by the time we're 50!
I leave you with a few pictures from the night and a quote I found... thanks to my beautiful mom. Dr. Samuel Johnson was and English author who said
"Our brightest blazes of gladness are commonly linked by unexpected sparks." I think that's precious... and almost perfectly describes Chase and I.
PS
The first pic is of Luca being a big baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment