Pages

Friday, February 5, 2010

It Continues

In my recent efforts to decide on whether graduate school is meant for me. I ran across an article that proved a valid point and made me think a little differently. The article as propaganda for going to college in the first place but I guess I'm letting it fit into my situation. Chase and I have always made our education a goal and something we're proud of. I'm so very proud of him for the things he has accomplished and the things that are to come. I want him to be proud of me as well. It is quite possible this was what I was meant to read to help me along. This hit me in a different way and I think it was for the best.

"The fourth point is that a college education is a legacy for your children. The idea of having children may be as remote to you as the international space station, but trust us, your college education will benefit your children - and not just so you can impress them with how well you play "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire."Research shows that children of college-educated parents are healthier, perform better academically, and are more likely to attend college themselves than children of those with lower educational attainment. Your education builds a foundation for your children - for our nation's children, and for the children of our global community -- which leads to the last point. Education is the cornerstone of public progress"- Katharine Hansen, Ph.D

No comments:

Post a Comment