Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Winner

Remember when I said I wanted to cook more awesome food for the people I love. Well... I have found success. Once upon a time Chase would want to have spaghetti at least once a week. He claimed spaghetti was his favorite. (Which didn't bother me, because it's easy and fast!) During my first week of trying out new things he found a new favorite, Veggie Brown Rice Wraps. This has turned in to almost a weekly meal for us. I really enjoy them and again they are easy and fast to make. Another plus for me is that I'm not dumping in a cup of butter just to make it taste good! So, I thought I would share Chase's new favorite for others to try out!

1 sweet red or green pepper, diced
1 cup sliced fresh mushroom (I leave this out, yuck.)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups cooked brown rice (I use Uncle Ben's 90 sec microwave bag)
1 can (16 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1/4 cup chopped onions
1/2 teaspoon pepper (a little less to taste)
1/4 teaspoon salt
Flour tortillas, warmed
Shredded cheddar cheese
Your favorite salsa (We use Pace)

  1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the red/green pepper, onion, and garlic in oil until tender. Add the rice, beans, corn, pepper, and salt. Cook and stir for 4-6 minutes or until heated through.
  2. Spoon in to tortillas, sprinkle with cheese, drizzle with salsa, fold sides of tortilla over filling; serve immediately.
Yield: 6 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment