We have officially started our mad school year. I have yet to figure out completely who is the craziest between the two of us. First of all let me explain a few things. Chase and I both admire each other for choosing the scholastic field that we have. He is in accounting... numbers and formulas go right out of my head. I am in history... reading and writing aren't among his loves. With that said he comes home one evening to tell me about a class that doesn't test... but he has a "giant" paper to write. I smiled and asked him if that was his way of telling me that he will need my help... he gave me a goofy grin and told me that it was. We both have two different kinds of crazy going on. He is working on his masters degree without taking a break after his bachelors and I'm taking twelve hours of 4000 level history classes this semester. Two very different kinds of crazy! On my side I have twelve books to read, four short book reviews to write, and two 10-15 page research papers to write. Needless to say I'm not so thrilled! But, my classes are enjoyable. As for Chase and his nine hours... I'm not quite sure. He did say that his theory class is going to be tough. He always surprises himself... so I'm sure he will be fine.
On another note, a friend that I made at Girls State in 2005 got married two days before Chase and I. She and her husband, much like Chase and I, are finishing up college, working, and are now nurturing a new marriage. She shared with me this sentence in response to their very eventful first two weeks of marriage.
"As long as we are holding on for dear life, and eternal life, we will make it through the upcoming storms, whatever they are, whenever they come."
She is so right and probably has no clue how much she has inspired me. Chase and I are happy with each other and are working toward a common goal... that's what matters and it's all worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment