
The number in the title is the current number of songs in my iTunes library... so random is a pretty good thing around here. For me it is a must have kind of thing. Chase doesn't remember many details to his childhood; I could probably put together a soundtrack to mine. For instance, I'm listening to Tequila Sunrise by The Eagles. I remember listening to this song and the entire Hell Freezes Over album with my mom and Crissy. To be even more specific Crissy was driving on the old highway going to my grandma's. I could go on and on about the memories that go hand in hand with Fats Domino, Gary Stewart, Elvis, Bob Wills, Rod Stewart, Patsy Cline, The Rolling Stones, John Lee Hooker, and so many more. Chase says that I have a large amount of useless knowledge about music stored in my brain. This is quite possible... but maybe someday I'll be a staff historian for Rolling Stone Magazine and all of knowledge will come in handy. Until then that "useless knowledge" serves as memories for me. I know for sure that my sister changed my life when she bought me the debut album of Linkin Park, Hybrid Theory. She threw the doors that she had once kept cracked for me to grab a little bit of music from her youth. To say the least I owe my useless knowledge of music to my mom, great uncle, grandma, and my sister. Hey, at least I can say that I acquired something over the years!
I think that everyone should have a copy of Hybrid Theory....it's already on Uriah's mp3!
ReplyDelete