Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

We Survived

Yes, it is true. We made it through the ice storm. Last night was the first full night of electricity since Thursday. I must say it was magic! Thank the Lord for our tiny, old, gas heated house! We never thought we would be so happy to be in this little house. We were able to cook on top of the stove, take hot showers, and stay warm. That was about all we needed. Well... maybe not but we survived. Chase was super bummed when we were one of two houses in town without electricity. (our neighbors tree crashed into our power lines and ripped them from the house) I stand by the fact that it could have been much worse! To top it all off... we didn't kill each other being in the house by ourselves for 2 days straight! We actually just bugged each other until we were forced to go to Trey's house. haha Hopefully this is the last of the ice but I'm afraid later this week will bring more to us. Luckily, Trey's dad bought a generator and  welcomed us to their home if the electricity goes out again.

I suppose I should post some pictures but that will just have to wait... I've got some reading to do! Kudos and thanks to the OG&E workers who worked crazy hours getting the power back up... it is wonderful to have again!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you two survived. Had our household been stuck in a house without electricity, well, I'm pretty sure there would have been a scene from The Shining played out!! Just kidding...only partly. :)

    ReplyDelete