Civic: of or pertaining to citizenship
Duty: an act or expression of respect
I chose these two definition of the words because that's the way I feel about them. There are things that should be done out of respect for our county that we are citizens of. To me this means voting and being educated on the things going on around me in state and national government. This means helping to educate others on the things they can do to make the country we live in better for everyone. This means raising sons and daughters who value their freedoms and liberties and believe in fighting for them. It's my civic duty to support my troops who protect me and everything it means to be American. It is my responsibility to support my president... whether I completely agree with him/her... they need our prayers just as much as the as someone we do agree with. It is my duty to help those that I can at every chance I get. It is my obligation to my country to do these things with hopes of an even greater nation for the generations to come.
Imagine what this nation could be... in either direction. Imagine us if no one cared... imagine if everyone cared. As a whole America is capable of immense things, we just need to get there. The only things I know for sure is that I love my country and I serve mighty God. It is hard at time to do both... but I do it and I stand firm on the two.
I just LOVE YOU!
ReplyDelete